Jib cranes, as the name suggest are cranes which have a horizontal boom, which supports the movable pulley. Jib cranes are used for lifting of material as well as lowering of goods. Variety of jib cranes are available in the market. A jib crane can be wall mounted or free standing. The jib cranes are quite affordable in terms of pricing. However, an individual should select a jib crane as per one’s needs and requirements. It is important to understand the best suited Jib Crane, it is important that buyer should read more about the available Jib Cranes and the kind of jobs that they can perform.
Factors to be considered while purchasing Jib Cranes
After understanding the job requirement, other factors to be considered while purchasing Jib Cranes includes:
- Capacity: the most important factor to be considered while selecting the right Jib Crane is the load capacity for which the crane is required. The weight of the load should never be more than the rated capacity of the jib crane. In case of the cranes, the capacity it can hold is based on the design load. A buyer should go through the capacity details of the crane and for this buyer should Refer to This Site for Additional Information detailed description.
- Height under Boom: HUB is the distance between the underside of horizontal boom and the floor. It gives an idea of lifting distance.
The total height of Jib Crane: this covers the height of the crane from the ground once the installation is completed. It gives the full rotational potential of the crane.
- Boom rotation: Different Jib Cranes have different boom rotation.
Freestanding Jib crane: 360-degree rotation
Mast-type jib crane: 360-degree rotation
Wall mounted jib crane: the degree of rotation in 200
Freestanding and ceiling mounted articulated Jib Cranes: 360-degree rotation for both inner and outer arm
Wall mounted articulated Jib Crane: inner arm has 200-degree rotation and 360 on the outer arm
- Power requirements: it is very important to understand the power requirements of the Jib crane. This includes how the power needed to be supplied to the crane and the amount of power needed for hoist, trolley as well as rotation.
- Other factors that a buyer should read more about are:Installation and Weatherization.